Friday, November 21, 2008

Anil Kapoor

Never thought i'd ever dedicate a blog to any other actor except SRK..:) but i realize that what we actually like, may not be what we think we do! I'll be dedicating a post on the workings of the minds on various aspects soon, but this one - though short, is for Anil Kapoor!

As I'm watching Chameli Ki Shaadi on Star Gold right now, I felt I must formalize the thought that for me Anil Kapoor is the one and only actor whose every film has been entertaining for me! I'm surprised at the number of times I always get hooked onto any movie if it has Anil Kapoor. I'm not much of a film watcher on television.. so I guess then that it's some credit to AK that I've always seen all his films on TV... must've seen Nayak a million times, also some weird films of his too... the names of which I still don't know.. :) There's this one where he's dancing with Juhee Chawla... a strange cheapo number with her in tennis skirts, then one in which he's some random publisher with a baby to look after, then one where he's a single father, then Judaai, Mr India, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, Jooth Bole Kawah Kate, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai ...and many more. I must be the only person who also liked Armaan.. but it was only and only because of Anil Kapoor. I even loved him in Salaam-e-Ishq & Mann! It was tough battle for me as a viewer to see Aish go to Akshaye Khanna in Taal rather than him.. :) My favourite of course has been Lamhe, with Nayak coming a very close second. :)

I wonder if i can try and de-construct this charisma that he has. He's not traditionally good looking or something - on the contrary, was (and still is) this lanky and tall guy, with this very attractive thick mop of hair on his head... but then he's got a perfect blend of this typical Indian rustic charm and finesse... he's strong, very masculine, has intense dialogue delivery and enjoyed roles with a beautiful depth to them... of course all this is the on screen Anil Kapoor i'm speaking about... but huhhhh... that's all i'd like to know at least.. :)

I know i'll be seeing Yuvvraaj.. and though i don't like his look in it (in fact the whole movie looks a flop from its promos)... i know i'll still enjoy his performance there...

The problem is i've always been crazy over SRK... but what's this? - it's not all of his films that i like.. :) So now, even though i know i'll love Shahrukh in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (yes i'm quite sure about it!)... I admit Anil Kapoor's movies will always always rank as my favourite films on TV!

Coming up next: Pretty Faces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home